Monday, March 9, 2009

transition of frames


How I am going about of transition of frames is to put my model in a space that and show him or her move foreword into space. They will start from one side of the room then come towards us then back to the other side. The place I intend to shoot the environment color will have similar colors in my model clothing this way everything will flow together.

 

I took many photos of my model then went in to photoshop to edit the images. Wail in the program I made many layers and using the motion blur and also messing with the opacity. This allowed me to show a transition through out my pieces. 

3 comments:

fallingo said...

Tim,
I like the the color choice of the figure. It is almost a ghost-like feeling, and works pretty interesting since he is in the basement. A pretty fun piece. Interesting used of texture(grain?) Something I notice immediately is the white light on the up right hand corner. I'm not quite sure if it's that necessary, although it explains that cool tone on the face, but it's still too distracting to me. It won't harm if you reduce the intensity a little bite.

Tyler said...

Tim,
I think you have a solid idea here. The use of a subject moving throughout space in a single frame brings up all kinds of interesting topics. I feel like the piece could possibly be more effective if you used the space within the frame more carefully. Right now, the subject is extremely clumped together, almost creating the feeling that this a crowd standing at the same time in a small area. You do it a little bit, but if you really exaggerated the LINES in between each figure, the feeling of transition of time would come forth. I feel like you need to almost force what you are trying to say about time upon the viewer. You did mess around with colors and opacities, and it may just be the quality of the image posted, but I think that could be pushed further as well, giving the piece even more depth. Just some observations I thought of.

Chelsea Mummert said...

Hey bud,
I like the choice of complimentary colors. The use of opacity and motion blur was a good idea to give the piece the idea of motion. The movement of the piece is fun and I like the composition. I think some of the figures need to be pushed back a bit more, more transparent. I think that if you have the images start off faint in the background and grow more opaque as you got to the viewer, it would make more sense and emphasize the main pose/action better. When you think of how a car might move in a photograph, it is more transparent and faint towards the back. I also am a bit distracted by the large white light in the photograph. Other then that, I really like your piece!